Brakes going bad?
Our brake system technicians pay special attention to the quality and effectiveness of your brakes. Brake fluid can become contaminated and breaks down when exposed to heat and humidity. Rust and corrosion may also occur, causing damage to very expensive brake components and costly repairs. Thankfully, your brakes are good at telling you when they need attention.
Look for these signs to see if your brakes need repair or replacement:
- Does your steering wheel shake when you apply your brakes? (Might be your rotors and/or drums?)
- Is your brake pedal lower than usual?
- Is the brake pedal spongy when you push on it? (Might be your hydraulic system.)
- Is your brake pedal hard to push? (Might be worn out shoes or pads.)
- Does your red brake warning light on the dashboard stay on? (Possibly an imbalance in your hydraulic system.)
- Do your breaks make a squealing or grinding sound? (Might be a glazed rotor or the calipers may need replacing.)
- Has it been more than a year since you had your breaks checked?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to schedule an appointment for a break inspection. Call Freddy’s today!